Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, Tibshelf Communication School is registered for holding personal data. The school has a duty to protect this information and to keep it up to date. Personal data will only be disclosed to organizations or individuals for whom consent has been given to receive the information or to organizations that have a legal right to receive data without consent being given. For further information, please see the 'Privacy Notice' below.
Privacy Notice - Data Protection Act 1998
We Tibshelf Community School are the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act.
Personal data is held by the school about those employed or otherwise engaged to work at the school or Local Authority. This is to assist in the smooth running of the school and/or enable individuals to be paid. The collection of this information will benefit both national and local users by:
- Improving the management of school workforce data across the sector;
- Enabling a comprehensive picture of the workforce and how it is deployed to be built up;
- Informing the development of recruitment and retention policies;
- Allowing better financial modeling and planning;
- Enabling ethnicity and disability monitoring; and
- Supporting the work of the School Teacher Review Body and the School Support Staff Negotiating Body.
This personal data includes some or all of the following - identifiers such as name and National Insurance Number and characteristics such as ethnic group; employment contract and remuneration details, qualifications and absence information.
We will not give information about you to anyone outside the school or Local Authority (LA) without your consent unless the law and our rules allow us to.
We are required by law to pass on some of this data to:
- the LA
- the Department for Education (DfE)
If you require more information about how the LA and/or DfE store and use this data please go to the following websites:
If you are unable to access these websites, please contact the LA or DfE as follows:
- Public Communications Unit
Department for Education
Great Smith Street
Telephone: 0370 000 2288.
- Data Protection/Freedom of Information Officer
Children and Younger Adults Department
Derbyshire County Council
Telephone: 01629 536470