Vision and Aims
Tibshelf Community School is an inclusive 11-16 Comprehensive School serving a large semi-rural area of North East Derbyshire.
Our Governing Principle embodies our ambition and reflects our determination to never be complacent but to continually aim high in everything we do.
"Working together to make our school even better"
Tibshelf Community School strives to be an outstanding learning community in which individuals are inspired, challenged and supported to become effective global citizens in the 21st century.
All members of our School Community should:
- Acquire the knowledge and skills needed to progress now and in the future
- Develop confidence in themselves and their abilities
- Have high aspirations for themselves and others
- Feel valued and value others
- Have high expectations of themselves and of others
- Create a dynamic and innovative learning environment
- Appreciate the world at large
- Contribute to building a school culture built on excellence
Please see our School Improvement Plan for more details about how we are working to achieve our goals. This strategic plan will guide our future direction and enable us to become the inclusive, excellent learning community we aspire to be - one that fully meets the needs of all our students, staff and local community.